Monday, October 20, 2008

On top of the World!

Spence and I hiked timp just before it started getting cold. It was an incredible experience. I had forgotten what a beautiful hike it is. It really makes you realize the expanse of God's love for us. He sure created one amazing world for us to enjoy! We went half way in the evening, camped just below the top, and then summited and went back down the next morning.

This is us at the summit.
Spence is my hero! Somehow I convinced him to jump in emerald lake- he is hillarious! (the other end of the lake has a glacier running into it)

Me at the bottom of the glacier.

This moose came walking out of the bushes right in front of us. I was within ten feet! Other wildlife we saw included deer, elk, rocky mountain sheep, and marmots.

1 comment:

The Kemps said...

SWeet PiCtuReS...love the moose. I can't believe you jumped in the lake, so cold! I love how much updating you've been doing, it's so fun to read and look at your pictures.